Monday, March 8, 2010

Starting over, Part XLVII

Today is my "New Year".  Today, I made my resolution to clean up my diet-AGAIN.  I am doing it today because my birthday was last week, and technically-it's a new year for me!!  So, since the chronological number is increasing, and the metabolism is decreasing,  it's time for me to get back on Weight Watchers.  3 years ago I lost 30 on WW, and it was a very easy change for me to make.  All was well and good until that Christmas, when I gained a few pounds back.  I've been on an 8# rollercoaster ever since.  It is time for me to get off this ride!

As a trainer, here is my take on diets.  It may take trying 3 or 4 before you find the right one for you.  When you find it, stick with it, give it all you got!  Also, you should never feel deprived, or hungry!  I could go on and on, but I won't....I'll save that for another day! :)

So my day started with a very healthy breakfast of 2 pumpkin pancakes with ricotta filling, and a glass of Greens+ mixed with water and OJ.  That awful looking stuff in the cup-Greens+, is amazing.  It is loaded with vitamins, and it's basically your 5 servings of fruits and veggies in a drink.   I know what you're thinking-it must taste NASTY, but it's actually pretty good.  I always buy the Wild Berry Burst flavor a)because it's got acai, goji, pomegranate, etc it-all good antioxidants, and b) you can actually taste the berries, not the healthy green stuff!  It tastes even better when mixed with 1/2 c. of water, and 1/2 c. of OJ.  Their website is http://www.greensplus.com/ , just in case you are interested!

YOU MUST TRY THESE PANCAKES.....
1c. low fat baking mix (I use Bisquick Heart Smart)
1T sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon or pumokin pie spice
2 large eggs
3/4c. fat free milk
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl-mix well.  Add the wet mix to the dry, and stir until smooth.  (Or if you are lazy like me, dump it all in the KitchenAid Bowl, and turn it on)
Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot griddle or skillet.  Cook until tops are covered in bubbles and edges look cooked.  Carefully turn over, cook until bottoms are slightly browned. 
Makes 12 pancakes.  Ea:61 cal, 1.3g. fat, 2.4g protein,8.9g carbs, .5 fiber. 

Ricotta cream-super easy!!  Mix 1 tablespoon part skim ricotta with 1/2t. cinnamon, and a sprinkle of sugar if needed.  Place the creme between 2 pancakes and enjoy!

Healthy start to the day...CHECK!
Exercise.....CHECK!
Drinking lots of water....CHECK!
NO snacking after dinner.......REMAINS TO BE SEEN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment