Wednesday, March 31, 2010

(Not So) Wordless Wednesday, and a Thank You!



I think it was 2 weeks ago that I posted the picture of a woman on the floor, with a stack of bills.  She is splayed out, in total overwhelmed frustration.  That woman is me-no not REALLY me, but you know what I mean. 
My husband and I have living the American Nightmare for the last 15 months.  He owns a carpentry business, and there has been very little work.  We poured EVERYTHING we had into keeping that business going.  There were a few good months in the fall, bills were getting paid on time, food was on the table...all was well.  But it turned again, and there are no big jobs on the horizon, and the small stuff just can't support a family of 5 with bills out the you-know-what. 
My husband, Tool Time, got a job yesterday.  He will have a steady paycheck.  This really hasn't sunk in for me yet-probably won't until I see a check, but I am actually starting to feel a glimmer of hope.  I actually had a genuine smile on my face today, it wasn't fake or forced.  It felt good to smile again. 
We have a LONG road ahead of us....regardless of what he earns, money will be TIGHT.  I've always toyed with a budget, but never really had to stick to one.  Then when I got one set, and actually stuck to it, there was no money to budget with!!  Ha-what a lesson learned!  Anyway-can you guess what dirty 7 letter word is now in the forefront of my vocabulary?? 
There is a pinprick in the black curtain, and a glimmer of light is peeking through.  WE ARE BLESSED. 

THANK YOU to the lovely ladies who had such kind and encouraging words for me yesterday.  I do read the comments on my blogs, and I thank you for taking the time to reach out to me.  It meant alot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment