Tuesday, April 12, 2011

iPhone Appsession: Fooducate

I have a serious addiction to my iPhone-I can't go anywhere without it-REALLY!!  I love that "there's an app for that", and I'm always on the lookout for new apps to play around this.  I have an app obsession-thus the title "appsession".  (Patting myself on the back for that one...damn, I'm good!)

I was reading an quick blurb in a magazine at the gym one day, and it recommended  Fooducate.  I downloaded the app, and I LOVE IT!  It is a great app for anyone who wants to, or does eat a healthy diet.  Basically, you pick a food you would normally eat, scan the barcode with the app, and the food gets a grade.  The app will give you better alternatives to that food, and tell you why it received the grade it did. 

For example, I scanned Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal.  I eat this often and my kids love it.  But it got a B- because of it's sugar content, and "controversial artificial colors".  Some of the alternatives for it were Grape Nuts (A-), or Raisin Bran (B+). 

You can even do a product comparison by scanning 2 different barcodes. 

Check it out-it's a great app!! 

Got any good ones to share with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment