Monday, July 19, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

I'm sure you've heard the expression, "I need this like I need another hole in my head."  Well, I've said that to myself about 465 times in the last 2 days. 

What was I thinking when I said yes to this?

This is Salter, an 8 month old ??labradoddle?? maybe??  Honestly, I don't know, I'm just guessing.  He belongs to some friends who are away for 2 weeks.  They had a dog sitter (another friend of ours), who was going to take care of him-or so they thought. 
Dogsitter came by late Wed. night-(the day Salters family left) for some reason, and told me he felt bad that he wasn't able to get back to the dog until after 6pm THE NEXT DAY.  I resisted the urge to strangle him, asked for the keys to the house, and said I would let the dog out in the morning and afternoon.  He said the family had said he could just stay at the house while they were gone-but he felt funny doing that.  (Then why the f did you agree to watch the dog, dumbass?) 
Anyway-ToolTime and I could not let this dog sit in a crate all day long without being let out, so we took him home.  The kids are home everyday-so they have been recruited to help out! 

What was I thinking?  In addition to that-I've got this:

With 3 dogs in the house, it feels like a doggie daycare. 
Honestly-I need this like I need another hole in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment