Tuesday, July 6, 2010

One Year Later

It was one year ago today that I went back to work-not by choice, but by necessity.  I'm still there-again, not by choice, but by necessity.  It's not a great job-it's pretty crappy, in fact.  It is part-time, and I make just over minimum wage.  But at the time, it was the only thing out there.  That still holds true-I look for something new 3 or 4 times a week. 

The truth is, I really don't like this job.  I'm old enough to a mother to 3 of the other 4 employees.  It's in retail-so the hours suck.  Hats off to any parent that works full time in retail-because it is the pits.  You never see a full weekend.  How do parents do it full time??  They should given awards. 

Child Boss is 17 years younger than I am-she is recently divorced, and is enjoying "making up for lost time" if you know what I mean.  She thrives on letting us all know about, too.  Now, I realize I'm from different generation-but can't some things be left unsaid?  She has asked me why I don't open up to her and the other employees, honestly, I really don't need these people knowing my business, so I check my outside world at the door. 

Gulliver is the assistant manager-he's relatively new, but he really needs to show some signs of having cajones.  People walk all over him on a daily basis.  It's just sad. 

Vampira has magenta hair, a septum piercing, and spacers in her ears.  Thank God company policy does not allow these to show cuz they gross me out.  She also has a tramp stamp, and constantly wears too small pants and shows her crack. Nice.

Dreadlock Boy is just that- a boy with dreadlocks.  Luckily, I never work with him, so he won't be getting a bashing today. 

All in all-this job has been quite an experience.  I can't believe I have been there for a year.  I never thought I would make it this long.  As much as I dislike the job, it has been a learning experience in more ways than one.  Believe me, I will be only too happy to turn in my resignation when things get better for my family.  And that's just it- I'm doing what I have to for my family.  Would I rather have a job in the field I have a degree for? Yes, but there are no jobs there.  So for now- this just has to do.  At least I come with some funny stories about the children I work with.

That's all-rant over!  Gotta hit the sack-tomorrow is a work day!

No comments:

Post a Comment